Last week I shared a sortof downer of a post. I really wasn’t sure if I should share it, but it is honestly a truth that I wish I had known during my engagement. So I thought it was worthwhile to share with you.
Today is much less startling but nonetheless meaningful. In contrast to last week, I’m sharing all the happy fun moments during our wedding planning. Because there were a lot of those too!
Photo credit: Meredith Hanafi Photography
- telling our parents
- telling our friends
- hearing family wedding stories
- seeing family wedding photos
- dreaming together about our future
- choosing the venue (we loved it immediately!)
Photo Credit: Kahl Weddings
- pinning, pinning, pinning! (over here)
- shopping for the dress with Mom
- forging a new level of friendship with my bridesmaids
- going to other weddings together
- registering for gifts!
- receiving mail all the time
- designing our invitations
- planning the bridesmaid gifts
- tea with all of the best ladies at my bridal shower
- choosing wedding bands
- looking at wedding photographers ad nauseum
- shooting our engagement photos
- the feeling at my parents house those final days before
So, the truth remains that wedding planning isn’t all fun – but there is an awful lot to enjoy along the way. I’m sure that I missed many other moments that belong on this list, but just looking back makes my heart full and happy.
I’m a live-in-the-moment gal and so I don’t wish to re-live our engagement, but it was a special time full of love and I’m so grateful to all of the people who made it that way.
Are you in the midst of wedding planning, or looking back at your engagement? What special times will you want to remember?
Liked this post? You might also enjoy: